Psychologists Online across Australia for counselling, testing and groups - Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Perth and Canberra
Deciding to use a surrogate to have a child, or be a surrogate yourself is a major decision. It can be a psychological and emotional ordeal as much as a physical one for the surrogate mother. In Victoria, those involved in a surrogacy arrangement are required to have counselling.
Issues dealt with in surrogacy counselling will include:
- What surrogacy will mean for all people involved, including the surrogate, commission parent or parents, donors and other family and friends
- How much control over the pregnancy the surrogate and commissioning parents will have
- What will happen in the case that there is a genetic abnormality in the baby, or if the baby’s health is at risk
- How the ongoing relationship between the child, the surrogate and commissioning parents will be arranged
- How disputes between people involved will be resolved
Psychology Melbourne has a team of experienced, registered psychologists who have special expertise in the counselling of surrogate parents and commissioning parents.