Psychology Melbourne is an established Melbourne psychology practice with a team of more than 60 experienced Clinical, Counselling, Health and Registered Psychologists across different areas, expertise and locations. We are committed to helping people improve their mental health and wellbeing through evidence-based therapies and techniques. By referring to us, you make it possible for us to help clients in and around Melbourne.
Our practice takes a number of measures to ensure better client outcomes by:
- Increasing the likelihood of a strong therapeutic relationship through personal matching
- Utilising screening tests to clarify mental health issues
- Using feedback-informed surveys to track client progress,
- Responding promptly to remedy any issues
Our methods allow us to significantly reduce fall-outs and improve the effectiveness of therapy.
Our psychologists also offer testing and assessment tools when required as a diagnostic aid and to support the therapy process.
Psychology Melbourne also offers personal development short courses, to educate clients and train them in useful strategies and therapeutic techniques. Mental Health Care Plan provides rebates for 10 of these group sessions per year, in addition to individual sessions.
Why refer to Psychology Melbourne
- We provide full reception services 6 days a week including after hours and Saturdays, SMS reminders for clients, quality assessment surveys
- Where appropriate, we offer matching appointments for clients to maximise the chance of a good therapeutic relationship - the single most important factor in successful outcomes
- We have developed additional training for our clinical staff, and employ best practice resources (including the URICA readiness for change assessment and client feedback monitoring) to optimise client outcomes
- We maintain high levels of practice by ensuring our clinicians stay abreast of current mental health developments
- Reports- regular progress reports and use of short courses, screening tests and apps to support counselling
- No bulking billing but low fees on recommendation of GP in referral letter
- Several of our psychologists speak languages other than English
- We have 17 locations across Melbourne
- We offer affordable group classes to support and enhance therapy, providing our clients with useful strategies and tools
Making a referral
We can accept referrals under Private Health, the Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative, ATAPS and other agencies.
Under Better Access, eligible patients can receive Medicare rebates for up to 10 individual counselling sessions in a calendar year and 10 group sessions in a calendar year. Under ATAPS, eligible patients can receive Medicare rebates for up to 12 individual counselling sessions in a calendar year and 12 group therapy sessions in a calendar year, with an additional six sessions in exceptional circumstances.
- We accept all referrals by phone, hand delivery from patients, email or fax, or if necessary by post.
- We can also accept referrals via secure electronic messaging through Argus secure electronic messaging.
We advise all clients when they are applying for a Mental Health Care Plan to inform the receptionist at the medical centre beforehand.
Referrals can be directed to:
2/50 Queen St
Fax: (03) 9957 8122
Same-day appointments are available for urgent requests, and daytime appointments are generally within 7 days. After-hours appointments are within 14 days. We maintain a wait list that can provide earlier appointments following cancellations.