- Our unique Personal Matching Session ensures a good fit for your issues and personality, and improves outcomes.
- Highly capable psychologists and affordable classes cut the real cost of therapy.
- Guided access to helpful apps and online resources.
- We fit in with your schedule, with early appointments, after hours and weekend sessions.
- Our Secure Video Counselling can save you time and inconvenience.
- Innovative EAP and business packages
Differences that make a difference
Our clients constantly tell us that there is something different about the way we work. They like the fact that we are committed to maximising value for patients, which translates to achieving the best outcomes at the lowest cost.
That involves doing a lot of little things that add up to a major difference.
For instance, at this practice, clients aren’t just assigned to “the next cab off the rank”.
The relationship between you and your therapist is the most essential element of successful therapy, but in most practices, it’s largely left to chance. Years of experience and research shows us that our unique, personal matching sessions produce better outcomes.
Our clients also appreciate our constant care. They like the fact that we monitor their progress and act quickly to identify and remedy any issues that could slow things down or sabotage results.
Cutting the real cost of therapy
They value our constant efforts to reduce the financial burden of therapy. They know, for instance, that hourly fees can disguise the real cost of therapy.
Too often, people shop around for what looks like the cheapest therapist. They don't realise that the most capable therapists can achieve positive outcomes for their clients 50 per cent faster than average therapists.
Psychology Melbourne is committed to identifying the most able therapists, providing them with the latest research and in-service training and backing them up with systems and support that the average practice doesn't invest in.
They like our affordable classes, carefully designed to help you adopt new behaviours, improve your life skills and understand and regulate your emotions. Because they are backed by Medicare rebates, they can support your therapy at a surprisingly low cost.
They appreciate the efforts we make to trial the latest in mental health apps and online resources, so our clients can take advantage of inexpensive modern technology to aid their treatment and monitor their progress.
And Psychology Melbourne is an industry leader in secure online counselling.
Our staff include clinical and counselling, child and adolescent and health psychologists and other specialists with expertise in anxiety and depression, stress, anger management, grief counselling, weight management, child and adolescent psychology, sexual problems, health-related issues such as diabetes and other areas.
We have developed our own couples counselling program that has achieved consistent success with couples who had previously found it impossible to mend their relationship and were on the verge of giving up hope.
We also have a small, highly experienced team of executive coaches.
We use CBT mindfulness therapy, positive psychology, psychodynamic and other strategies that have been proved in research studies to produce the best results. They can literally change the brain, clearing away old patterns of behaviour.
What we can offer you
- Immediate appointments including weekend and evening sessions at our practices in the Melbourne CBD and Albert Park.
- All our psychologists are registered so you can claim a Medicare rebate of up to 75 per cent of your fees, with a GP's referral.
- Individual, couple and family consultations, affordable classes, a specialised couples counselling program for couples who feel stuck and unable to improve their relationships and an effective, evidence-based weight management program that can help you when diets don't work.
- A specialist sex therapy program for men and women.
Phone (03) 9629 1001 for an initial consultation or email our friendly receptionists.
You can recover up to 75 per cent of the cost of our counselling through Medicare rebates and private health insurance. We can explain how to obtain a referral in the form of a Mental Health Care Plan, from your GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician.
From December 31st 2012, the number of counselling sessions eligible people can receive through Medicare is 10 individual sessions per calendar year. Your referring doctor will assess your progress after the first six sessions. You may also receive up to 10 group therapy sessions or skills classes in a calendar year. Psychology Melbourne offers a program of cost-effective classes which will give you valuable tools and skills.
To get a referral you will need to make an appointment with your GP to complete a Mental Health Care Plan. It is important to tell the doctor's receptionist that you are requesting a referral to a psychologist as the GP needs approximately 30 minutes to discuss the plan with you and fill in the required paperwork.