Psychology Melbourne is an established Melbourne psychology practice with a team of more than 35 experienced Clinical, Counselling, Health and Registered Psychologists across different areas, expertise and locations. We are committed to helping people improve their mental health and wellbeing through evidence-based therapies and techniques. By referring to us, you make it possible for us to help clients in and around Melbourne.
Our practice takes a number of measures to ensure better client outcomes by:
- Increasing the likelihood of a strong therapeutic relationship through personal matching
- Utilising screening tests to clarify mental health issues
- Using feedback-informed surveys to track client progress,
- Responding promptly to remedy any issues
Our methods allow us to significantly reduce the fall-out rate and improve the effectiveness of therapy.
Our psychologists also offer testing and assessment tools when required as a diagnostic aid and to support the therapy process.
Psychology Melbourne also offers personal development short courses, to educate clients and train them in therapeutic techniques. Mental Health Care Plan provides rebates for 10 of these group sessions per year.
Why refer to Psychology Melbourne
- We provide full reception services 6 days a week including after hours and Saturdays, SMS reminders for clients, quality assessment surveys
- We offer matching appointments for clients to maximise
- additional training for our clinical staff, and employ best practice resources (including the URICA readiness for change assessment and client feedback monitoring) to optimise client outcomes
- Where appropriate, we match each client with the most suitable therapist
- We maintain high levels of practice by ensuring our clinicians stay abreast of current mental health developments
- Several of our psychologists speak languages other than English.
- We have 17 locations across Melbourne
- We offer affordable group classes to support and enhance therapy, providing our clients with useful strategies and tools.
Making a referral
We can accept referrals under Private Health, Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative, ATAPS and other government insurance agencies.
Under Better Access, eligible patients can receive Medicare rebates for up to 10 individual counselling sessions in a calendar year and 10 group sessions in a calendar year. Under ATAPS, eligible patients can receive Medicare rebates for up to 12 individual counselling sessions in a calendar year and 12 group therapy sessions in a calendar year, with an additional six sessions in exceptional circumstances.
- We accept all referrals by phone, hand delivery from patients, email or fax, or if necessary by post.
- We can also accept referrals via secure electronic messaging through Argus secure electronic messaging.
We advise all clients when they are applying for a mental Health Plan to inform the receptionist at the medical centre before hand.
These can be directed to:
2/50 Queen St
Fax: (03) 9629 1701
Same day appointments are available for urgent requests, and daytime appointments are generally within 7 days, and afterhours appointments up to 14 days for. Waitlists can provide earlier appointments following cancellations.